Tag Resourcing is pleased to be supporting an established, yet still growing firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors in their search for a Business and Tax Services Manager
The business provides high quality Business advisory and Taxation services to a wide variety of clients. Due to the success of the business in this field they are looking to grow the team further and continue to provide a high level of service.
A well-established practice, covering six counties that has been trading for 50 years with specialisms in a number of areas with superb reputation.
To plan, lead and control the work of the Business and Tax Services Department and continue to provide a high level of service while maximising the contribution to the client. In addition, a critical part of this role is the development of new business, especially in relation to emerging technologies such as online accounting and the digitisation of tax returns.
- Assisting partners with assignments relating to business planning, advisory and tax matters
- Actively seeking to identify new business opportunities for the firm in personal tax planning, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning and drawing to the attention of partners/client as appropriate. Preparation of reports and liaising with professional advisors where necessary
- Ensure that work is planned and progressed in a timely and cost effective manner
- Reviewing accounts and tax work completed by junior members of staff, completing staff appraisals, ensuring that staff performance targets are met and provide feedback and training, where required
- Responding to clients queries and those from third parties, such as HMRC, in a timely manner
- Assist partners in controlling the WIP by getting work to completion/invoice point swiftly and liaising with partners re WIP
- To continue to learn and progress the role and those of other staff by asking for more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others
- Actively looking to develop knowledge of clients and their businesses to become a trusted point of contact for day to day matters
- Checking of journal adjustments, final accounts and tax computations
Experience and personal attributes required
- ACA or ACCA Qualification
- CTA or equivalent tax qualification desirable
- Minimum of three years proven accounts and tax experience within a practise environment
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently with outstanding attention to detail
- Proactive team leader, achiever and self-motivated
- Strong computer literacy, good active listening skills, be analytical and a problem solver
- Extensive accounts preparation knowledge
- Good communication skills and able to build effective relationships